Monday, July 9, 2007

Heart Strings

It began as
a subtle urge.
I almost
could have missed it.

But something pulled me,
something called me,
in its direction.
Just listen,
just follow me,
p-l-e-a-s-e.

So I did. I listened.
Why wouldn't I?
How many times
haven't I? And why?
Why do I deny?

So I said yes.
And we turned in the direction
of the deserted beach.
And as each moment drew us closer,
closer to the quiet,
the natural, unspoiled 'end of the road',
I felt it.
I felt it in the slight flutter of my gut,
the freedom of my mind -- it felt
fresh . . . new . . . secretive . . . pristine . . . real.

I wanted to bottle that moment,
that feeling, the essence of it.
The stirrings were gentle, yet deep.
Surreal, yet oh so real.

God's creation was plucking my heart strings
and I was filled with awe.

~~Amen.